What is a KKDIK Registration?
Turkey’s EU REACH based KKDIK Regulation was published on June 23, 2017 and came into force on December 23rd, 2017. All companies manufacturing or importing chemical substances on their own or in mixtures as well as in articles in Turkey must submit a KKDIK registration to the Ministry of Environment and Urbanization (MoEU).
The registration process will start right after the pre-registration deadline (31 December, 2020) and will end on the 31 December 2023. Under KKDIK there are no specific deadlines for tonnage bands above one tonne (1-10, 10-100, 100-1000, 1000+) per year as it’s in EU REACH.
There is a general obligation for manufacturers and importers of substances to submit a registration to the Ministry of Environment and Urbanization (MoEU) for each substance manufactured or imported in quantities of one tonne or above per year.
After the deadline; No Registration, No Market.
What does our KKDIK Registration Service offer?
Our Registration Service provides full support for each of the requirements of KKDIK registration and this service for non-Turkey established companies will be integrated with our Only Representative Service. We can provide support for any stage of KKDIK registration including;
- SIEF participation
- Exposure scenarios
- Technical dossier preparation
- Safety data sheets
- Chemical safety reports
- Risk assessments
- Chemical safety assessments
- Registration submission
KKDIK Regulation [O.G. 30105 – 23.06.2017]
Placing of the substances on the market
(1) Subject to Articles 7 (General Obligation to Register Substances on Their Own or in Mixtures), 8 (Registration and Notification of Substances in Articles) and 21 (Manufacturing and Import of Substances), substances on their own, in mixtures or in articles shall not be manufactured or placed on the market unless they have been registered in accordance with the relevant provisions of this Part where this is required.
General obligation to register substances on their own or in mixtures
(1) Save where this Regulation provides otherwise, any manufacturer or importer of a substance, either on its own or in one or more mixture (s), in quantities of one tons or more per year shall submit a registration to the Ministry through Chemicals Registration System in the website of Ministry.
(2) For monomers that are used as on-site isolated intermediates or transported isolated intermediates, Articles 17 (Registration of On-Site Isolated Intermediates) and 18 (Registration of Transported Isolated Intermediates) shall not apply.
(3) Any manufacturer or importer of a polymer shall submit a registration to the Ministry for the monomer substance(s) or any other substance(s), that have not already been registered by an actor up the supply chain, if both the following conditions are met:
- a) The polymer consists of 2 % weight by weight (w/w) or more of such monomer substance(s) or other substance(s) in the form of monomeric units and chemically bound substance(s);
- b) The total quantity of such monomer substance(s) or other substance(s) makes up one ton or more per year.