Authorisation of Plant Protection Products
Turkey published the new Plant Protection Products (PPPs) Regulation on September 11, 2017. All companies manufacturing or importing plant protection products in Turkey must authorize their products before placing them on the Turkish market.
The General Directorate of Food and Control (GDFC) of the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry (MoAF) is the responsible body for the controls of the use and placing on the market of all plant protection products.
Emergency authorisation of plant protection products.
Article 7 of the PPPs Regulation allows manufacturer/importer to authorise the placing on the market of plant protection products, in special circumstances and derogating from the regular authorisation process, for a period not exceeding 120 days and for limited and controlled use, where such a measure is necessary because of a danger which cannot be contained by any other reasonable means.
What does our PPP Authorisation Service offer?
Our Authorisation Service provides full support for each of the requirements of PPP Authorisation. We can provide support for any stage of PPP Authorisation including;
- Authorisation Dossier Preparation
- Label Preparation according to PPPs requirements
- Safety Data Sheet Preparation
- Consultancy on Biological Efficacy, Residue and Endurance Trials
- Consultancy on Toxicological and Ecotoxicological Studies
- Consultancy on Import Permits
- Communication with authorities and institutions
- General Consultancy on PPPs
PPPs Regulation [O.G. 30235 – 11.9.2017]
Placing on the market and use
(1) It is forbidden to placing on the market and use of plant protection products that are not authorised according to this Regulation within the borders of the country.
(2) However, in the case of belowementioned conditions no authorisation is required.
a) If plant protection product is used for research and development purposes,
b) If plant protection product is manufactured, stored and transported for export and provided that it is not placed on the market in the country.